RDS - RESPONSIBLE DOWN STANDARD
- Any removal of down and feathers from live birds (live-plucking or molt-harvesting) is prohibited
- Force-feeding is prohibited
- Holistic respect for animal welfare of the birds from hatching to slaughter
- RDS diwn and feathers are properly identified: to ensure that non-RDS down and feathers are not mistakenly identified as RDS
- Each stage in the supply chain is audited by a professional, third party certification body
- Only products with 100% certified down and feathers carry the RDS logo
- Warmth. Of all insulations, down will give you the greatest warmth for the least weight. Each ounce of high quality down has about 2 million fluffy filaments that interlock and overlap to form a protective layer of still air that keeps warmth in and cold out.
- Durability. When cared for properly (washed regurlarly and stored open in a cool, dry place), down will maintain its loft and insulation for a lifetime.
- Comfort. The many individual plumules of down is that it allows it to mold to your body. Its high warmth to low weight ratio makes it wasy to wear or sleep under, and its ability to wick away moisture and to breathe avoids the clamminess issues that are sometimes felt with synthetics.
- Sustainability. Down is the by-product of a renewable resource, it is biodegradable and recyclable, it will last for decades, and it allows you to lower your thermostat.